Healthy eating doesn’t come with strict limits. Some people think that watching your diet as you try to lose or gain weight is a healthy diet. On the contrary, eating to gain/lose weight and healthy eating are quite different. Healthy eating is all about having a well-balanced diet daily.
When we talk about healthy eating, we are talking about eating a healthy diet. I’m sure I’m not the only one feeling overwhelmed by all the conflicting advices on diet and nutrition by online experts. Having a healthy diet doesn’t have to be complicated. Don’t let the have baked healthy diet blogs hinder you from eating healthy.
What is healthy eating?
Healthy eating means eating a well-balanced diet. This means eating a variety of nutritious foods that provide the nutrients required for you to feel good, have energy, and maintain a good health. In other words your diet should include protein, vitamins and minerals, carbohydrates, fat, and water.
Healthy eating tips
‘Eat the right amount of calories’ is one of the most common saying among healthy eating and diet experts. ‘You should always balance, consumed energy with used energy’, they say! If you overeat, you might end up gaining weight because the used energy will be stored as fat. You should always make sure your body is receiving all the nutrients it needs by eating a wide range of nutritious food. Some of the healthy eating tips include;
- Your meal should include higher fiber starchy carbs. In fact, a third of your meal should be starchy carbs, like potatoes, cereals, bread, and rice. You should choose higher fiber varieties, like potatoes with skins on, brown rice, brown bread and wholewheat pasta
- You should eat a lot of veg and fruit every day.
- Include a portion of fish in your meal. You should eat at least 2 portions of fish per week
- Reduce sugar and fat intake
- You shouldn’t skip your breakfast
- Drink plenty of fluids. Choose the healthier ones, like low sugar drinks, water, and lower fat milk.